Happy Friday, Baton Rouge! Let’s start this day. Here is everything that is happening in the city today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Quite sunny. High: 67 Low: 47.
Here are the best stories in Baton Rouge today:
- Aspen Dental will provide free dental care to veterans and their spouses on Saturday. The locations in Red Stick will be open for free appointments from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Appointments must be made in advance. (BRProud.com)
- LSWe the veterinary school’s lab provides COVID-19 testing for pet cats and dogs. The CDC will pay for the tests, and anyone who thinks their pet may have been exposed to the virus should contact their vet. (WWLTV.com)
- The Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra celebrates her 75th birthday with a concert Friday night, Sara Evans performs at L’Auberge event center Friday night as well, and Henry Turner Jr. Day will be split between Saturday and Sunday. (The Lawyer)
- East Baton Rouge Public Library welcome the 21st Annual Attic Treasures and Collectibles Event Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Press Releases Office)
- Clinical trials in the United States have started for oral therapies for coronaviruses discovered through the use of Louisiana State University-develop artificial intelligence. (Press Releases Office)
Today’s Baton Rouge Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Baton Rouge!
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all caught up for today. I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow morning with a new update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Kayla harrison
About me: Kayla Harrison is a writing professor and freelance writer for content agency Lightning Media Partners. She holds a Masters of Arts in Writing and is grateful to incorporate writing into everything she does. In her spare time, you can find her listening to podcasts, writing poetry, and visiting local cafes.